The History of Wolcott Hotel in New York City
Corning Glassware Company used the Wolcott Hotel's kitchen, circa 1908, to test its new oven ware. Corning salesman, Colonel William C. Thompson's father-in-law was the Wolcott's manager at that time.
Celebrated author Edith Wharton stayed at the Hotel Wolcott. In their book The Letters of Edith Wharton, editors RWB Lewis and Nancy Lewis printed a letter to Robert Grant sent from the Hotel Wolcott on January 4, 1907.
Famed author Henry Miller mentions the famed the Wolcott Hotel bar on page 222 of Moloch or, this Gentile World.
Famous Guests include:
- Buddy Holly - Famous Musician
- R. N. Elliott - Accountant/Writer that developed the Wave Principle
- Dr. Washington Dodge - Titanic Survivor
- Edith Wharton - Author
- Imagining Consumer—by Regina Lee Blaszczyk
- Corning and the Craft of Innovation— Margaret BW Graham